21 Must Read Resources on Startups
We made it on the list! Thanks Alex!
by Alex Grechanowski
Before I jump into the list, I’d like to share three “must see” links related to startups:
The Birth Of Silicon Valley, a amazing timeline of the key moments that shaped Silicon Valley.
Startups, this is how design works, a guide for non-designers.
Misadventures in VC Funding: The $24 Million Moz Almost Raised.
Now I’m ready. Let’s go.
1. Forbes’s Startup Views – empowering insights for entrepreneurs. RSS. Contributors: Michael Marasco and Swathy Prithiv
2. Entrepreneur > Starting a Business – everything you need to know on starting a small business.
3. Tech Cocktail – a literal cocktail of tech startup events, news, resources and reports. RSS. Contributors: Frank Gruber and Jen Consalvo
4. Venture Hacks – advice for startups from Nivi and Naval. RSS
5. New York Times > Start-Up Strategies – from writing a business plan to choosing a corporate structure to raising money, starting a business is full of daunting challenges.
6. Inc.com > Start-up – advice for founders of start-ups and start-up entrepreneurs.
7. Y Combinator News – RSS
8. Venture Beat – news about tech people, money and innovation. RSS
9. TechCrunch > Startups – dedicated to obsessively profiling startups, reviewing new Internet products, and breaking tech news. RSS
10. Fast Company > Startup
11. Steve Blank – a 30+ year career as a successful businessman. Now teaching at Stanford, Berkeley and Columbia. RSS
12. Casnocha.com – a blog about entrepreneurship, books, current affairs, and intellectual life. RSS
13. True Ventures Blog – a very early stage venture firm investing in internet, media, and software. RSS
14. Rachid Sefrioui on Venture Capital. RSS
15. The 500 blog – posts from the 500 Startups community – founders, mentors, venture advisors, and staff.
16. StartX – a non-profit organization whose mission is to accelerate the development of Stanford’s top entrepreneurs through experiential education. RSS
17. Seedcamp – the European Micro Seed Fund for internet tech startups. RSS
18. Startup America – provides valuable resources and connections to help young companies grow. RSS
19. Both Sides of the Table – entrepreneur turned VC. RSS
20. Fred Wilson – he is a VC. RSS
21. Startup Lessons Learned by Eric Ries. RSS