24th Annual Government Procurement Conference
The Government Procurement Conference is a national conference fostering business partnerships between the Federal Government, its prime contractors, and small, minority, service-disabled veteran-owned, veteran-owned, HUBZone, and women-owned businesses. Now in its 24th year, the Government Procurement Conference has become the premier event for small businesses throughout the United States.
Participating firms will have the benefit of marketing their products/services to procurement representatives and small business specialists from government agencies. Companies may choose to set up an exhibit table to showcase their capabilities or simply come as an attendee.
The conference also includes educational conference sessions, procurement matchmaking, and a dynamic exhibitor showcase.
Tips to Help Make the Most of This Conference
- Do your homework! Review the Procurement Opportunities page to identify your target agencies and learn as much as you can about what the agencies purchase and how.
- Be sure your registration in the System for Award Management (SAM) is current. The System for Award Management (SAM) is the Official U.S. Government system that consolidated the capabilities of CCR/FedReg, ORCA, and EPLS. There is NO fee to register for this site. Entities may register at no cost directly from this page.
- Send at least 2 representatives from your company. One of you can attend the sessions, the other can “work” the exhibit floor and/or participate in the matchmaking sessions
- Have a clear, concise capability statement that includes business type (socio-economic status), NAIC codes, and a description of your products and services. This should either be on a 1-page document, available on a url that you distribute or through a QR code.
- Travel light! A coat/luggage check will NOT be available. You will be provided with a conference tote bag, a notebook, and a program. Wear comfortable shoes and bring a bottle of water. You’ll be doing a lot of networking!
- Bring lots of business cards!
- Use the METRO! The Walter E. Washington Convention Center is conveniently located on the Yellow Line.
- View the exhibit floor plan and map out your day. This is updated daily as new agencies and businesses register.
- Check out the agenda on-line. It will be updated with speakers and abstracts as they become available.
- Review the Location/Details page carefully.
- Stay up to date with Social Networking:
- “Like” us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter @GPConference
- Link up with us on LinkedIn – 24th Annual Government Procurement Conference
Attendee Registration & Info
Click here to register as an attendee.
Early Bird Online registration through 11:59 PM EST January 5, 2014 $150.00 per person Online registration through noon on April 14th $200.00 per person Walk-up registration $250.00 per person Government Attendee (must have .gov or .mil email) NO CHARGE Optional lunch fee $15
What is included in the attendee registration fee?
- Access to seminars
- Access to exhibit hall – mix of small businesses, prime contractors, and approximately 100 government booths
- Opportunity to participate in Matchmaking appointments while space is available
- Continental breakfast
- Conference materials – conference program with contact information and tote bag
- Please note: In an effort to give our participants more choices, lunch is not included in the registration fee. The Walter E. Washington Convention Center has the following food outlets available in the food court: Annie Anne’s Pretzels, Wings Over DC, Bone Doctors Barbecue Grill and Freschetta Pizzeria. In addition, there are countless eateries in the area within walking distance.